Nothing Last's Forever

#BlogPost-04
There are so many stories left unfinished
So many proposals left unsaid
The tears that are left unshed
The dreams that were left to be lived
I miss the long walks we used to go on
I miss the nights when we rocked together
I loved you like my bestie, you were my angel
Yet I wonder why you left me here to die
We promised to be best friends forever
When one fell to the ground
The other waited to hear the sound
We healed our broken hearts
With a hug and a pleasing smile
We stayed up late looking at the stars
Giggling like kids and having midnight chats


You said you had to go
Wish it wasn’t so
You said we would always write
You said it would be like we used to fight
I looked into your  soggy eyes as you looked into mine,
With a smile so faded like everything was fine.
Although we knew it was our last good bye


We both knew very well;
 That we would never again have
Those long gossips and play
 Like we used to play in the rain
We knew the pain we had caused ourselves
I knew my angel was being taken away
May it wasn’t forever
Yet we promised to each other
No matter what we would remain
Best friends forever.


Time heals everything at its pace
But it wasn’t so in my case
May you be happy in your life
Although my heart was pierced with a knife
People mocked at my state
And I all I could do was curse my fate
                 All said and done
Hope your life is all joy and fun
All I have is a handful of cherished memories
Which will always keep me at ease
May be it wasn’t forever
And that’s why we aren’t together .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude is the key to a happy life

Friendship By Chance

SORRY! Is it a solution to every problem?